For Immediate Release
San Francisco, June 26th, 2012 – Stupeflix releases edu plans, offered by Google in grade-level app packs
Teachers favorite video app now available to schools and districts
Teachers love Stupeflix. It makes video creation so easy 5 years old can do it, making it the perfect tool for digital storytelling in the classroom. “Stupeflix wows the crowd – the video captivated the students in the classroom” says Richard Byrne, teacher and author of freetech4teachers.com. Stupeflix released education plans for teachers last month, and schools asked for ways to offer Stupeflix to all teachers and students within an organization. Today Stupeflix releases plans for schools and districts to do just that, and manage up to 15,000 students and teachers under a single account.
Google features Stupeflix in grade level app packs for Chromebooks, with 40% discount
Google released today curated collections of web applications tailored for the 500+ schools and districts using Chromebooks. Selected for the grade-level apps packs, Stupeflix is offering a 40% discount to schools and districts who will subscribe through the Google Apps Packs website. School administrators can add Stupeflix directly from their Chromebooks management console, and easily manage thousands of students and teachers from their Stupeflix account – for less than a dollar per student per year.
- sample student video: http://studio.stupeflix.com/v/iSbsrF5GN1/
- screenshot of google store featuring Stupeflix: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1524046/Google/Stupeflix-in-Google-EDU-Apps-Packs.jpg
- screenshot of Stupeflix students management console: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1524046/Google/classroom.jpg
- screenshot of Chromebooks management console: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1524046/Google/chromebooks-management-console.png
- Google Apps Pack website: http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/education/webstore/app-packs.html
Stupeflix is on a mission to simplify video creation.
Founded in January 2009, it is headquartered in Paris, France with an office in San Francisco.
Stupeflix won the SeedCamp 2008 startup competition, was finalist of the TechCrunch Europe Awards 2009 and selected as “Top 100 Innovative Company in Europe” by Red Herring in 2010.